Saturday, March 22, 2014

To Be a Warrior

I started watching 300 the other night. I switched it off as i didn't look at the age restriction before i decided to slip it into the DVD machine. But the beginning was quite interesting. I love watching movies with action and grit and where the characters are strong and overcome hardships such as Gladiator.

My prayer to God is that He will make me into His warrior. But sometimes i just expect Him to pour that power into me without any work on my side. One day i have my brain working and i know that in order to be strong i have to go through hardships. But the next day something unexpected happens, everyone starts freaking out and stressing and i'm like "craaaap, what is happening? i can't deal with this anymore"! Forgetting all about my desire and the tests I have to go through to be a warrior.

Anyway, back to 300. The beginning shows what i boy has to go through in ancient Sparta to become a strong man and a warrior. It doesn't just happen overnight. You have to deal with hardships and trials in order to be a strong person mentally, spiritually and emotionally.
If you pray for God to do something such as give you more patience, He will give you the opportunities to be more patient. It doesn't just happen magically.

I can see how i've become a stronger woman. I speak up a lot more and since i've been raising my voice i don't have such emotional turmoil anymore. A lot of people don't like it when a person speaks up. I've been on the receiving end of some pretty harsh words because i don't let people treat me like crap. I feel stronger.

But there's still a long way to go.



No comments:

Post a Comment