Thursday, July 31, 2014

Rebellious





You're taught that the word 'rebellious' is a bad word. But when you actually look at the meaning of it, you realize that it can be used 2 different ways:

REBEL: A person who rises in opposition or armed resistance against an established government or leader.

REBELLIOUS: Showing a desire to resist authority, control, or convention.

You can rebel against the authority of God and His Word.

Or you can rebel against the lies of this world and the enemy who is out to destroy us.

You can rise with resistance against him (the enemy), you can resist the authority and control that he has over this world and you can resist convention.


CONVENTION: a way in which something is usually done.

I don't want to do what everybody else is doing. I want to be a change. I want to be a voice, not an echo. We're taught and told all the time who we're supposed to be. Blend in, don't stand out. Don't stir the waters, just keep your mouth shut to keep the peace. I don't want to be like that. I want to be unconventional. I want to set a different pace.

AUTHORITY: The power or right to give orders, make decisions, and enforce obedience/control.

No one is my authority except for God. Many churches and congregations will teach that the elders/leaders and your husbands/fathers are your authority. But the fact that they're saying that these men should be able to 'control' and 'make decisions' for me just sounds wrong. I'm not talking about being a feminist towards your husband or father, obviously those men will have some form of 'authority' over you but when other men, like elders and leaders, tell me that they have the right to control me? No no no.

I will be a rebel. I will rebel against the norm and the lies that get pounded into me everyday.

Keep Calm? No thanks.




No comments:

Post a Comment