Friday, June 27, 2014

More Lessons Well Learned

In one of my previous blog post i wrote about the lessons that i've been learning during this hard time in my life. Well, i've learnt some more that i'd like to share with you guys.

1: Don't get attached to earthly belongings.
I know that this is the normal 'Christian' thing to say. Don't store up earthly belongings, store up treasures in heaven, etc. Well, it's not about that. My life hasn't been stable lately and i actually prefer my life like this. Constantly moving, constantly learning. And through this i've learned to not get attached to any area or any belongings, besides your real personal things. 'Cause i never know when i'll lose it all. That happened a few weeks ago. We gave away all our furniture, it was unplanned but it was necessary and something that i knew God wanted us to do.
So don't get attached 'cause you never know if you can lose it all the next day.

2: Admit it when you're feeling weak.
Wanting to be a warrior and wanting to be strong and all that jazz is great but you can become so obsessed with being strong that you don't give yourself room to feel. I hate weakness and cowardice, it's the one trait that i detest (to an extent), so when i detect any form of weakness in myself i get a little worried and try to push it away. But sometimes, admitting that you're feeling a little weak at a certain point in your life, can also be strength. It takes strength to humble yourself before God and some one else and admit that you're not handling life too well.

2 Corinthians 12:9
But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Yeshua's power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Yeshua’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

3: Help the needy.

Deuteronomy 15:11 - For the poor shall never cease out of the land: therefore I command you, saying, You shall open your hand wide unto your brother, to your poor, and to your needy, in your land.

Proverbs 19:17 - He that has pity upon the poor lends unto YHVH; and that which he hath given will He pay him again.

Most people when they read these verses think that the 'needy' are only starving children in third world countries. But that's not true. A needy person can be your next door neighbour. We need to help our own first before we help other people and i find it pretty hypocritical when people send money to 3rd world orphanages but they can't go out of there way to help a person next to them. It's a commandment to take care of one another. I've learned all about this in Ryan White's teaching on Justice and Righteousness. Helping those in need is a huge deal in God's eyes and if you turn a blind eye to those who are needing help and you are able to help, then God's judgement will come down on you.
Just the other day we were needing help and this Christian man was able to help us but he wouldn't. We needed a place to stay and he had a place but he wouldn't let us stay because he and everybody else in his family were going on holiday. I was so mad .... so mad. He was putting more importance on his stupid holiday than on helping a family who was in need. But now on Sunday he will go and sit in church and praise God.
That's why i struggle with Christians. So many of them are so damn hypocritical.

I am learning so much and one day when i am able to help other people, i want to go out of my way to help my fellow man. I want to cancel a holiday if i can help a family who needs food and a roof over their heads and not put my silly needs first. Is it better to help a family get back on their feet by offering your home to them? Or to be selfish and go and chill on a beach with a drink in your hand?




No comments:

Post a Comment