Thursday, November 13, 2014

1st Tattoo// 19

Hi folks. So today I turned 19 years old. I had a really great day today (so much better than my 18th birthday) mainly spending it with my mom! Woke up feeling really happy, my mom took me out for lunch, just the 2 of us which i really liked because then i don't feel the need to entertain.
It's my dog, Max's birthday too. We share a birthday, cool hey? I turn 19, he turns 6 :D.



My mom had a salad and water and i had a tremizzini and a strawberry daiquiri cocktail. It was quite nice but definitely something i won't have again. It just really brought down my mood and made me feel depressed and really tired, lol. My mom said that some alcohol can do that to you so that's scratched off my list. (for American's reading this, the legal drinking age here in SA is 18),


But my mood really perked up when i decided to a tattoo after lunch. It really wasn't planned at all. I've been wanting a tattoo, yeah, but i've never actually set a day to actually get it. Nerves maybe? Yeah ... lol. But today i braved it, i'm 19, why not? 
It was actually a really awesome experience. It did hurt quite a bit but the end result was so worth it. 

Intimidating equipment. This is when i really started getting nervous. What if i regret it? What if it's extremely painful? But thank goodness the artist is a really friendly guy so that's makes a big difference.



Preparation ...


And so it begins ... The beginning wasn't painful but when he kept going over the same spot to fill it in ... that hurt quite a bit and the middle of my wrist was also really sensitive.


Oooh, ink and about halfway through!


Skin turning red and time to fill in. Ouch ...


End result! He put Vaseline over it and then some cling film!


And then the sensitivity came ... along with some blood, eeew, lol. Had to walk around with a bloody tattoo through the mall.


My mom is so awesome. She was with me through it all and really being supportive. I have such a cool mom, truly. Da BEST!!!


Stopped bleeding.


This is after i cleaned it later in the day. The Hebrew word is Chesed. I love this word and it has such a deep, personal meaning for me! I loooooove my tattoo and can't stop staring at it. It is a bit raised/swollen but it will take 2 weeks to heal. 


I was also given a book by Bear Grylls called True Grit. He writes about different people throughout history who have overcome hardships. Definitely my kind of book!


My mom also bought me a mini cigar that i'm gonna spoke tonight with my brother and step dad.

I had a truly great day and i'm so grateful to God for everything that He has blessed me with today! 






No comments:

Post a Comment