Monday, September 29, 2014

Eowyn

Today I just finished watching Lord of the Rings. It's the second time that I've seen it but it's been several years since I've last seen it that I've pretty much forgotten the details minus the fact that there's a ring involved and it has to be destroyed. I have to say though that the 3rd DVD in the series has got to be my favourite. The character Eowyn really struck a chord for me and i loved watching her as she transformed from a maiden into a warrior fighting against Orcs and saving her father.





 Being a warrior or soldier to a lot of people is seen as only a mans role and that it's no place for women when it comes to battle but I disagree. Women are strong and though they may not be as strong as men (and there are roles that are strictly men's) that's no reason to discourage them to not have a passion for fighting against the bad guys.



My dream and passion in my heart is to one day join the IDF. Not right now obviously as it is a secular army but maybe one day if this is really of God my dream might come true. I cannot describe the feeling i get when i see anything remotely army related and sometimes i have no idea why and it confuses me. I've prayed for 4 years (I was around 15 when this desire started growing) that if this really isn't God's plan for me then He would take this desire away and plant something else in my heart that He has planned for me. But every year it gets stronger so i just have to wait and keep praying about this.



But of course, being a warrior isn't only about physically donning a gun and fighting against the bad guys. It first starts inside. With honour, integrity, and strength on a deep emotional, mental and spiritual level. It's first fighting for the right things in your life right now and protecting the vulnerable, being a voice for the voiceless, being the strength for the weak, giving food to the hungry, clothes to the naked and giving homes to the homeless. Whenever you see a hero in a movie you always see these traits as being the most important and that's where it all starts.

And maybe one day, like with Eowyn, when the world is at war i will be called to wear a green uniform and fight for God's country. Anything is possible!




No comments:

Post a Comment